Why Care About Radon?
- Radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas that collects in many homes.
- According to the EPA and the Surgeon General's Office, lung cancer stemming from Radon is estimated to cause nearly 20,000 deaths in America every year.
- Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer next to smoking.
- In certain portions of the country like ours, the EPA estimates that nearly 1 in 3 homes are at the recommended action level for Radon.
- If your home is above the recommended action level, you may be receiving in upwards of 35 times the amount of radiation than is allowable by the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission).
How Should I Protect My Family?
As it is in most dangerous situations, knowledge is power. The first step you must take is to determine if you have radon in your home.
That's where we come in.
Whether a part of your Full Home Inspection, or you are just a concerned home owner, we will test your home or basement for elevated levels of Radon Gas. Our test kits are submitted to a Nationally certified lab which will analyze our findings and send you a copy of their report electronically.